Every once in a while, there comes an experience when your work makes the beauty of a cinema hall feel like a torture chamber, when being a writer ...
Every once in a while, there comes an experience when your work makes the beauty of a cinema hall feel like a torture chamber, when being a writer is the worst job & when you fail to understand why Bollywood churns out redundant crap (without stars even).
Unfortunately, that for me was the first film this year!
So what is Dehraadun Diary:
1. One of two innocent sweet lovers murdered - Check
2. Killer is related to the living lover - Check
3. Political angle thrown in - Check
4. Fight against the corrupt system - Check
5. Dastardly turarounds by witnesses - Check
6. Candlight Vigil ala Rang De Basanti - Check
7. Good wins over Evil - Check
8. Title really making no sense - Check
9. Hamming to another level by majority of the cast - Check
10. Expletives thrown in every now & then to establish gritty feel - Check
11. Viewer left deeply disturbed - Check
I feel a bit for Adhayan Suman as the guy can act. Sadly, this does him only damage. At one point when the brother of the dead cries out loud in frustration, I looked around at the 8 other people in the theater & we all thought to ourselves, what idiots these guys must be to come watch this out of choice. I'm sure they werent give a choice either. Amen.
P.S- My car tyre blew up on the way back home. Unrelated but added to the frustration.