Ridiculously boring & disastrous, Players is akin to our Indian players in Australia right now...a Flop show.
Being a remake of "The Italian Job" one expects a fair bit of the story to be similar. Yes there is a heist at hand & there is a team in place for the same. There is also a backstabber & an eventual revenge story with some sexy Mini-Coopers involved, but beyond that framework, with some not-so-fun twirls, this shell is just hollow.
The team consists of the following:
1. Master planner Abhishek Bachchan, who looks out of shape & in need of "teleshopping networks Suraksha Kawach" to ward off his bad luck.
2. Hacker boy Neil Nitin Mukesh who puts up a fighting effort.
3. Illusionist Bobby Deol who has 3 lines, 1 expression & no magic on show.
4. Explosives expert Sikander Kher who actually doesnt speak much but is good.
5. The pick of the lot, make-up guy Omi Vaidya, who shines above the rest & breaks the stereotypical mould of his.
6. Supposedly seductive Bipasha Basu who cant get a handle on whom to excite.
7. Lastly, a weirdly 90s pulp cinema styled absolute misfit in the form of Sonam Kapoor.
To be fair, the film has been spent on lavishly as it moves from Amsterdam to Russia to India to New Zealand & a few more. The cinematography is brilliant in parts but sadly doesnt get the right support from the content department.
Pritams music can be classified as his worst effort in recent times.
One expected much more out of the Men in White as they generally manage to keep the audiences hooked. Even when they have had a lacklustre script at hand, they add in enough masala to make sure you come out getting your moneys worth. This time though, they fail.
At the end of it, the only 2 stars who shine in this film are old warhorse Johnny Lever & Omi Vaidya. The rest are just mashed-up in this weird concoction that can either put you to sleep or just make you sick. For me it was a bit of both so I would strongly suggest you to stay far far away from this one.
The first Friday of 2012 is a mega budget dud.view less