6 Performances Of Rajkummar Rao That Set Him Apart As An Actor In Bollywood
Rajkummar Rao is one of the hottest properties in Bollywood right now. The actor has come a long way since his debut in Love Sex Aur Dhokha in 2010. He has been nominated for 3 Filmfare awards and is the recipient of one National and one Filmfare award. Equipped with great acting chops and unconventional looks, he has redefined the modern leading man in Bollywood.
Here is a list of his hard hitting performances which will make you sit up and take notice:
1. Shahid- He starred as the titular character in Hansal Mehta’s adaptation of the lawyer and human rights activist Shahid Azmi. The film threw light on some serious issues and Rao simply nailed it with his powerful performance.
2. Queen- His role as a traditional minded, insecure man who has a hard time digesting the independence of the titular character made audiences believe that the guy can play all kind of roles.
3. Citylights- He starred as a small town farmer who comes to Mumbai to provide for his family. How the dark underbelly of the city takes a consequence on his and his family’s life was realistically portrayed and the movie was a success.
4. Aligarh- He played the role of the journalist who interviewed Manoj Bajpayee’s Ramchandra Siras. The film won major accolades nationally as well as internationally and both the actors were universally acclaimed for their roles.
5. Trapped- The film got a standing ovation at its world premiere in the Mumbai Film Festival. The survival drama is a powerful tale of perseverance and Rajkumar was again the highlight of film.
6. Bareilly Ki Barfi
- This quirky film set in the small town of Bareilly became a sleeper hit of the year. People were pleased to see the funny side of the actor who otherwise is known for serious roles.