10 Facts About Dawood's Sister Haseena That You Need To Know !!
The first look of Shraddha Kapoor’s Haseena is out and the fierce look of it has already generated a lot o buzz about the film. The film is a biopic based on the life of Dawood Ibrahim’s sister Haseena Parkar who used to run his Mumbai business. Shraddha also met Haseena’s family in preparation for the role and regretted that she had never had a meeting with Haeena herself, who passed away of a heart attack in 2014. With Bollywood gearing for this intense gangster drama to unfold on the silver screen, here are some about Haseena Parkar aka ‘Godmother of Nagpada’.
1. Haseena is the younger sister of Dawood Ibrahim, who is hailed as the underworld don and India’s most wanted fugitive. While Dawood is the third of the 12 siblings, Haseena was the seventh sibling.
Source: dainik bhaskar
2. Haseena got involved in the underworld matters when her husband Ibrahim Parkar was shot down in 1991 by Arun Gawli and gang. The infamous JJ Hospital shootout was executed by Dawood Ibrahim to avenge the death of his dead brother in law.
3. Haseena a run her business from the posh Gordon Hall Apartments in Nagpada, where she shifted soon after her husband’s murder.
4. She declared to the police and courts that she wasn’t in touch with her brother Dawood Ibrahim but soon took over seeing is Mumbai business for him. She reportedly held, Rs. 5000 crores of undeclared assets in her name.
Source: Answrhub Stuff Zone
5. Her name was associated with many infamous extortion and hawala cases. She was involved in rackets of transferring money from Middle East to India and vice versa.
6. Also involved in cases of land grabbing, she was contracted by many builders to get permission from slum dwellers for redevelopment of plots. She allocated areas ro cable operators as well.
7. Haseena was also said to be negotiating the oversees rights of Bollywood films, especially in the Gulf and Central Russia.
8.She lost her eldest son Danish in a road accident in 2006 on the Mumbai Goa highway while he was returning from Goa. He was apparently Dawood’s favorite nephew.
9. Haseena Parkar passed away in 2014 due to a heart attack. She was apparently fasting for Ramzan then and was survived by her three children, two daughters and a son.
10. She was said to be the most trailed member of Dawood Ibrahim’s family and was always under the keen eye of the police.
Shraddha Kapoor is finally gonna break her good girl trail in Bollywood with this badass gangster movie and we are really excited waiting for it!