Disclaimer : The box office number indicates the approximate lifetime earnings of a film in India. Although it has been collated by extensive secondary research/ resources, we don’t guarantee its accuracy and assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions. However it is sufficiently indicative but not exact figures of the box office performance of a film since release.
Let me start of by saying, I loved Housefull 2. Surely, Himmatwala was torture but I dont mind Sajid Khan's world of humour. So when I went into watch Humshakals, my expectations were just to have some guility laughs. What happned, please see details below:
1. Some really stupid jokes, which I love. e.g. Mein aapke pair padhta hoon. Tum kaise padho ge jab wahan kuchh likha hi nahi hai. (Yes, i know, I find it funny).
2. Ritesh Deshmukh who just doesnt disappoint. From his mimicry to his comic timing.
3. The drag act (which I was dreading), is the highlight of the film. 3 of them dressed as women was outrageously funy.
4. Ram Kapoor who actually is a little gem in this film.
5. Satish Shah in his tribute to Asrani from Sholay
1. Saif Ali Khan who really is the sore thumb and takes the whole film down
2. Lots of gags that fall flat
3. A runtime of 160 minutes
4. Mediocre music
5. The girls who are pretty much of no use in the film
There is a scene in the end, where the jailer shows the inmates Tees Maar khan to torture them. Believe me Sajid Khan, this ones going to come back and bite you in the derriere. All in all, I dont see too many people finding this funny. If this works with the masses, I would be very surprised.