Here’s Why We Felt That Aiyaary Is Just A Gentleman In A New Package!
Sans the action and all the high end drama, by the end of Aiyaary , I felt that it was just a remake of, well, A Gentleman.
The headline must have sounded ludicrous to you. I mean well, if you have just come out of Aiyaary, the two films are obviously different. The suspense in A Gentleman was resolved much earlier and well, there isn’t much angle of love or the death-defying action in Aiyaary. Also, the two films have a very different plotline, isn’t it?
Well, then look closely. Were they really that different? Here are a few points that will prove that Aiyaary and A Gentleman are basically the same, except for Sidharth Malhotra and his same expressions:
1. Sidharth Malhotra ’s character goes rogue in both the films.
Well, it is Sidharth’s character in both the films that decides to go against their superior and not follow their order.
2. In both the films, Sidharth works in a group who existence is secret.
While in Aiyaary, it is for a noble cause, in A Gentleman, it was for the benefit of one person.
3. The main villain in both the films is an ex-Colonel who wants to sell Arms.
While in Aiyaary, it was an ex-Army General, in A Gentleman it was illegal.
4. In both cases, Sidharth’s character warns his immediate senior to leave all this and go somewhere.
In AIyaary, it was more nuanced and the senior is the very talented Manoj Bajpayee’s Cl. Abhay Singh. In A Gentleman, it was Darshan Kumar.
5. In both the films, Sidharth’s character gets to live free with his ‘girlfriend’.
While the romantic angle in Aiyaary was silly, it had a lot to do with A Gentleman!
6. Last but not the least, in both the films, Sidharth's character can change his look!
Do you agree with the points? Let us know in the comments below. And if you have watched Aiyaary, do not forget to rate and review it here.