Anushka Shetty joins hands with Suriya supporting TeachAIDS campaign
- Tamil News
- Authors: Desimartini Editorial Team
Dhamarukam actress Anushka Shetty has reportedly collaborated with her Singam hero Suriya in support of TeachAIDS campaign. It is an awareness campaign about the disease among children.
Anushka is keen to support the noble cause closely, "I'm not much into social service and have never been associated with any programme.” She added further, "One of the reasons I didn't get associated with any programme (yet is) because I usually don't follow it, but I wish to follow the AIDS awareness initiative religiously.” The campaign has also the star powers of actors like Shruti Haasan and Siddharth. Anushka also took part in an animated awareness video on AIDS and it was launched recently.
Anushka, who initially used to maintain a distance from HIV-infected people, said, "I belong to a very conservative family like majority of others in this country and I know how we react to AIDS and sex education. We even consider talking about it a taboo not just in schools, but even in colleges. I'm sure programmes like these will create more awareness.” "I was associated with two groups with AIDS many years ago and once when they offered me food, I refused to eat it because I felt uncomfortable and didn't have the awareness that it's safe to dine with them. Today, I don't feel the same because I have the knowledge," she added.
- Andhadhun Movie Review
- LOVEYATRI Film Rating and Reviews
- Pictures Of Fatima Sana and Sanya Malhotra
- Thugs Of Hindostan Trailer
- Baazaar Trailer: Saif Ali Khan Is Back
- The Kasautii Zindagii Kay - Komolika's Back
- Bigg Boss 12: Know Roshmi Banik
- 10 Bollywood Breakups
- Love Story of Neha Kakkar And Himansh
- Bigg Boss 12 - Latest Updates
- 7 New Web Series that will soon hit the net